Multitalented musician Natalie Mae Palms is a New Orleans based musician that frequents venues such as The Neutral Ground, The Circle Bar, and has even played at the New Orleans Jazz Fest. Picking up a love of folk music from her parents, Ms. Palms learned to play the piano, guitar, banjo, fiddle, and ukulele. Beginning as a solo act as a student at Loyola University New Orleans, Natalie Mae later formed the band “Natalie Mae Palms and her Unturned Tricks.” She continues to perform around New Orleans along with being a private music teacher.
Natalie Mae Palms – Marcus CW/Kelly Gaines from Loyola DOHS on Vimeo
- Interview Date: November 15, 2015
- Interviewers: Kelly Gaines and Marcus Chapa Wilson
- Interview Length: 48:13; Forty-eight minutes and thirteen seconds
- Interview Location: Uptown, New Orleans
Citation (Chicago Manual of Style):
Natalie Mae Palms, interviewed by Kelly Gaines and Marcus Chapa Wilson, The Neutral Ground Collection, Documentary and Oral History Studio, Loyola University New Orleans, Nov. 15, 2015.
- Highlight Reel 1: Kelly Gaines